The Feminist Pessimist

Journey of giving birth to a girl in a world that just wants her to bake cookies for the boys.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tulsa, OK, United States

I am a software quality assurance engineer and manager for Statistica. I love math, programming, and problem isolation & solving. Any opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily that of my employer.

Monday, December 15, 2008

Important things

I've been in a rather sad mood today. The weather has been icy and cold. My car was in the shop and I'll have to take it back in next week to get it fixed once they isolate a leak with some dye they put in today. I came home to find my dog Cricket with her leg tied up around her leash about 100 times. She couldn't get back to her little house so she was in the cold wind all day. We had to tie her up because the electric meter is getting read sometime this week and we were scolded to have her tied up when that is scheduled. We can't leave her inside because her bowels and bladder are too weak to last all day. But we are going to leave her inside tomorrow - screw the potential pile of crap. Watched a PBS show on chimps which had some good parts, but quite a bit about how the chimps were living for many years in horribly tight quarters. One was eating an ice cream cone very gingerly, like a polite person would do, not stuffing it in his mouth whole like you would expect an animal to do. After the show was over, there was a slide that said that that chimp had died 2 weeks after filming the show. Bummer.

Some of my sadness was finding out that someone with the name Amanda S. Knowlton was killed by a hit and run driver last week in Buffalo, NY, leaving 2 small kids. One was nine months old, just like Emerson. I found out about it from people finding my blog by searching for the string "Who will take care of Amanda Knowlton's kids?" which was a bit jarring. I thought it would take me to an ad for life insurance or something when I searched for the same thing. Nope. Sad story. Of course it put me in an "I'm going to die someday. I don't want to die. I like my life too much. But I'm probably going to die soon anyway" kind of mood the rest of the day.

I do like my life. My family is wonderful and I enjoy how I spend my time. I like how my house has laughter and crying and barking and Christmas lights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home