The Feminist Pessimist

Journey of giving birth to a girl in a world that just wants her to bake cookies for the boys.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tulsa, OK, United States

I am a software quality assurance engineer and manager for Statistica. I love math, programming, and problem isolation & solving. Any opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily that of my employer.

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Why am I just now finding out about this?

Is it common knowledge that this is available?

MIT publishes course material for a good number of their courses. It is called MIT Open Courseware.

Lecture notes, assignments, tests, test answers....Wow!

I want to learn EVERYTHING about Computer Science, Economics, Chemistry, Physics, Poli Sci, and Psychology and relearn everything that I have forgotten. Then move on to History, Urban Studies and Planning, Gender Studies.....

This fits well with the idea I had yesterday of auditing some OSU-Tulsa courses. I enjoy learning and seeing the new material. But I'm such an OCD-rittled perfectionist that I feel like I have to spend all of my free time studying and doing homework. Seriously, I've never made even a B. That's probably why I burned out at 22 and didn't pursue a Masters or PhD.

With our new Netflix subscription, face time with Emerson, and my new friends at MIT, I doubt I will ever be bored again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home