The Feminist Pessimist

Journey of giving birth to a girl in a world that just wants her to bake cookies for the boys.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tulsa, OK, United States

I am a software quality assurance engineer and manager for Statistica. I love math, programming, and problem isolation & solving. Any opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily that of my employer.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

My daughter has a third name - it's way too f-ing long

How is a kid supposed to learn their 16 character last name when the place she spends 9 hours a day keeps shortening it to the last 8?

Maybe I can stitch something with her FULL name on it and we can go over it every day with her when she gets to be a bit older. I tried to come up with a catchy tune to fit the spelling of her name to but I have failed miserably. Maybe that can be one of big brother Scott's summer projects?

I'll right things with her daycare when she starts to show any comprehension of letters and words. For now, I don't want to go all fisticuffs on the people I'm entrusting my mute child to.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My wife made up a song for our 17 character hyphenated last name to the tune of mickey mouse club...so far our 2-year-old hasn't caught on, but we're hopeful...

July 08, 2008 7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home