The Feminist Pessimist

Journey of giving birth to a girl in a world that just wants her to bake cookies for the boys.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tulsa, OK, United States

I am a software quality assurance engineer and manager for Statistica. I love math, programming, and problem isolation & solving. Any opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily that of my employer.

Friday, April 11, 2008

A letter to baby before returning to work

Dear Baby,

The last six weeks and two days being with you all day have been amazing. I've learned a little about you, and I think you're beautiful. You've been my little buddy. I enjoy looking at your face in the middle of the night, even if it means not getting much sleep. I've enjoyed watching Dr. Phil, ER, and CNN with you all day.

But on Monday things are going to change a little bit. Mommy's going back to work, and you're going to be in daycare. The ladies there seem really nice, and you'll be in good hands.

I think working will be a good thing for all of us. I want you to see me doing challenging work so that you know that you can do it too someday. As I'm sure you know, at this point there's not much we can do at the house together except watch TV and listen to me talk to you and practice lifting your head up on your pillow. I know you're already bored being here. You get cranky when you sit in one place too long and you get mesmerized when we go somewhere new. There will be enough kids at the day care that you'll always have something exciting going on. And mommy won't be so boring anymore either. She'll share tales of bugs she found in the software and customers she helped. But she'll be thinking of you all day and looking at your picture every time she looks at her Desktop.

I hear that you're waking up now so I'll end this letter. I can't wait to see you grow up into that awesome young woman that I know that you will be. But I also enjoy you just as you are right now.

Love,

Mommy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home