The Feminist Pessimist

Journey of giving birth to a girl in a world that just wants her to bake cookies for the boys.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tulsa, OK, United States

I am a software quality assurance engineer and manager for Statistica. I love math, programming, and problem isolation & solving. Any opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily that of my employer.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

What a crappy list of role models

I'm not sure what I really expected from the Lifestyle section of MSN's page.

Most Influential Women of 2007

It starts out promising:

1. Hillary Rodham Clinton
2. Benazir Bhutto

The last nine are basically a list of models, fashion designers, singers, and a chick from the View.

Tina Fey is #9. I'm not going to say anything bad about Tina, probably because I kind of have a girl-crush on her. But chances are Nancy Pelosi or Condoleezza Rice have had slightly more influence in the world during 2007.

The men's list is far less fluffy. There is one fashion designer on there, plus Michael Vick. But the list also includes Hugo Chavez, Al Gore, Ron Paul, George W. Bush, and Barack Obama.

So girls, remember that you either have to be pretty, talk about pretty people, or provide a service for pretty people to be influential. Just leave the important government decisions for the boys to make. Even if you do have a lot of power in the political or business world, no one will really notice (unless of course, you have a decent rack).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, the kiss of death for Bhutto

January 03, 2008 1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home