The Feminist Pessimist

Journey of giving birth to a girl in a world that just wants her to bake cookies for the boys.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tulsa, OK, United States

I am a software quality assurance engineer and manager for Statistica. I love math, programming, and problem isolation & solving. Any opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily that of my employer.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Men's Room/Women's Room

I have been maneuvering with a more sensitive outrage detector since starting this blog, merely in order to have more material to write about.

Walking into the women's restroom at work, I once again noticed the pictogram depicting the gender of the room's intended inhabitants - the stick figure wearing a skirt. I look down at my jeans and tell myself the joke that I'm tired of making to myself - "I guess I should go to the Men's room since that's where the people with pants go".

I try to think of a set of pictograms that wouldn't irritate me on some level:

Stick figure with dangling objects from chest vs. stick figure with dangling objects from groin
Stick figure preparing Thanksgiving dinner vs. stick figure fixing a car
Stick figure sitting demurely vs. stick figure angrily peeing on a Chevy logo

Maybe the skirt isn't so bad....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home