The Feminist Pessimist

Journey of giving birth to a girl in a world that just wants her to bake cookies for the boys.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tulsa, OK, United States

I am a software quality assurance engineer and manager for Statistica. I love math, programming, and problem isolation & solving. Any opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily that of my employer.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Most likely the last thing I'll say about Lamaze class

For four classes, we've been presented with information to help make good choices pertaining to the safety of mother and baby before, during, and after childbirth.

The fifth class is scheduled for today. My city has been hit with a crippling ice storm. From what I see, the roads are not slick, but there are so many fallen trees and power lines in the road that driving is pretty darn dangerous. Especially at night because there are no street lights to help avoid said debris due to the power outages. But is the hospital rescheduling the class so that we can enjoy a safe and warm evening at home? Hell no - they are going forward as planned. They are inviting pregnant couples to take their chances on the roads. Nice risk assessment, Hillcrest. I'll light up a Camel and sip a cocktail on the way there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home