The Feminist Pessimist

Journey of giving birth to a girl in a world that just wants her to bake cookies for the boys.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tulsa, OK, United States

I am a software quality assurance engineer and manager for Statistica. I love math, programming, and problem isolation & solving. Any opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily that of my employer.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Not so bad

Well the first week at work wasn't so bad.

The first day, I was way too busy to be overly worried about what was going on at Emerson's day care. I was concerned, but not in my usual OCD way. My coworker that had been covering my stuff as well as his stuff for the past six weeks was called to jury duty. So my first day, I had to suddenly remember how to do my job, handle my stuff, and do his stuff. It ended up being okay. No customers lost their lives or anything.

She survived her first day, so I wasn't really worried the second day either.

The third day and after, it felt like we had all settled into a pretty good routine.

I'm feeling pretty balanced. My brain feels more fully engaged now that I'm thinking more than just about poopy diapers. I'm getting some good cuddle time with Emerson in the evening, during the night, and in the morning. The laundry's not piling up - yet. I'm even attending a board meeting for my volunteer Youth and Gov't organization over speaker phone right now.

It's a nice sunny day. I'm gonna take the kid for a walk in a bit and think about how much I'm enjoying life at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home