The Feminist Pessimist

Journey of giving birth to a girl in a world that just wants her to bake cookies for the boys.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tulsa, OK, United States

I am a software quality assurance engineer and manager for Statistica. I love math, programming, and problem isolation & solving. Any opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily that of my employer.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Let's get physical

I'm thinking about taking an introductory physics class at Tulsa Community College this fall over the Internet. I became more aware of my lack of knowledge on the subject while trying to understand in full detail how wind power works. I have taken a LOT of chemistry but somehow haven't taken a physical science class since the 8th grade.

I could do most of the reading and quizzes during lunch. An evening class is no good, as I already feel like I don't get enough time with Emerson.

I enjoyed taking the classes that I have taken from TCC and also OSU-Tulsa. At some point I'd like to take another stab at a Computer Science Masters Degree. But I don't want to miss things like softball games, dance recitals, choir concerts, Girl Scout meetings, and mud wrestling events (depending on Em's eventual interests).

Maybe I'm just feeling manic right now and this will sound like a horrible idea tomorrow. It WOULD be a good idea to get myself better prepared for questions of the "Why is the sky blue" ilk.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Short answer... Refraction.

But really if you have the opportunity to go back to school... GO! What the hell are you waiting for??? sign up now before someone finds something else to take up that time.

I loved school.

July 30, 2008 8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home