The Feminist Pessimist

Journey of giving birth to a girl in a world that just wants her to bake cookies for the boys.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tulsa, OK, United States

I am a software quality assurance engineer and manager for Statistica. I love math, programming, and problem isolation & solving. Any opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily that of my employer.

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Gender neutral clothing update

I need to give some credit after complaining a few months ago that there weren't any gender neutral clothes for older newborns.

I found a package of 9-12 month bodysuits at Wal-Mart this morning that are oranges, greens, yellows, and whites. No military equipment or princess designs, so score.

Only two cons:
1. Not available anywhere on the web apparently so I can't link to it.
2. One of the bodysuits says "I love Mommy" but there's not one that says "I love Daddy".

Also got a pack of gray bodysuits at Old Navy. They are far less cheery than the rest of the clothes I see. One has a single snail on it, and another has some abstract trees mingling with snails. We call these bodysuits her "Sylvia Plath" clothes. Even more depressing: they dropped the price $5 since I bought them.

I don't want to sound too optimistic, but there is a bit of a market out there for people like us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home