The Feminist Pessimist

Journey of giving birth to a girl in a world that just wants her to bake cookies for the boys.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tulsa, OK, United States

I am a software quality assurance engineer and manager for Statistica. I love math, programming, and problem isolation & solving. Any opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily that of my employer.

Monday, June 01, 2009

Nice link from NPR

Thanks to my friend Karen for pointing me to this article: Dear Pixar, From All The Girls With Band-Aids On Their Knees by Linda Holmes

I couldn't agree more. Make an exciting movie about a girl that we can take Em to in a few years that will be every bit as inspiring as the rest of your movies. Not that she can't be inspired by a story that happens to a boy, but the more that you can identify with a character, the more you can typically get from a story.

At least one of the comments mentions Mulan. I can't recommend this movie more. Not only for little girls, but for little boys as well so that they too can see that women can be more than princesses.

1 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Preuninger said...

I'm excited about a movie with a girl main character where I can take my son! Pixar has some nice stuff, but I've noticed that lack-o'girls for a long time.

June 04, 2009 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home